• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp Probe on 9800pro w/ Silencer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vorian

Registered
ok so i added the silencer to my card a couple days ago. prevoiusly i had the temp sensor wedged between the stock ati heatsink and the littel gpu area (it has that raised metal square around the gpu). sensor was reading 42 to 43c after playing world of war for a couple hours.

after installing silencer and wedging temp sensor in same place, im getting readings of 49 to 51c after same couple hours. is that jsut the heatsing is transfering more? i don't have the sensor actually touching the gpu in any way. since i can't place it there. card has r350 mem, so i think that means no built in temp probe?

anyways im wondering if the card is literaly running hotter or if the silencer is jsut transfering heat better from gpu > sink i haven't seen ANY decreases in performance. and i can clock the card higher so i think its the later.

**edit, sorry if this belongs in video/sound but it was related to cooling i guess :p**

Back