• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can a BIOS ROM Checksum Error cause a misread in FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knight3539

I had an issue last week where the electricity had been turned off, and when it was turned back on, I wound up having to replace my PS. In getting the computer running, I encountered a BIOS ROM Checksum Error. I managed to flash the BIOS with the most current revision (Abit NF7-S v1.2) and got the computer working. Now when I try to overclock, I get a misread in the FSB. For example, when the frequency is set to 148 MHz, which doubled should be 296 FSB, it's being read as 294 FSB. Has anyone else ever run into a situation or heard of anything like this?

That's normal most of the time my fsb is set to 230 but everything will detect it at 229 instead, with every pc have oced I had the same problem where the resulting frequency is not the exact number that I had set in the bios.

Back