• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The file DMK.sys?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MEMex

Last x-mas my audio drivers for my Dell Latitude D600 Labtop became corrupted or whatnot and i had to reinstall the drivers. (Running WinXP Pro)

Well, after going to dell's website and getting the driver file it keeps asking me for the file DMK.sys every time i try to install it. I've tried removing/reinstalling the driver/hardware through device manager and it just wont do anything without the DMK.sys file! The school's help desk, their way of fixing computers consist of "re-image" everything... everytime, no matter what the cause is.

I was wondering, would someone happen to have or know anything about this file? I googled and all im finding are confused/lost people just like me. I've also tried using OS cds, The Winxp that it came with, my ol'e Win98 & 2000 cds and it still asks for the file! >_<

I think i've found the problem, the 'r' ran into the 'm' and it looked like DMK.sys but really was DRMK.sys... Mod please delete this thread if neccessary :rolleyes:

:sn:
http://www.techsupportforums.com/showthread.php?p=142858#post142858
-edit-
Fixed my sound, searched my hdd for DRMK.sys and found it in the c:/windows/system32/driver and then it asked for some wmaud.something er like and that was found up one level in c:/windows/system32

Last edited:
Back