• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just hit Orange PPD today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mtb856

Finally crossed the 800 ppd barrier.... probably won't last, but it was cool to get there for a little while. My desktop and laptop just turned in 3 600 pointers today, so that was a nice jump in points :D

untitled.jpg

Almost at 50k points too :attn:

If you get a steady diet of those 600-pointers, you might just stay in orange for awhile....

Yeah, I have a 600 pointer finishing in about a day. Sen is probably pumping them out too so we have a pretty good production going. We lost my desktop on folding but gained two Dothan laptops which probably counter the loss pretty well. Unfortunately they aren't always folding because of battery life but still...... they are doing pretty well just folding over the night :D

enduro said:
Well, you could donate some of that disgusting cpu power dark ;)

LOL... nah... it's more fun to watch you guys work to the top. That is what makes folding fun!! Besides, how many people are folding for you again??? ;)

Congradulations though, again. That's quite an accomplishment you've done. (And those 600 WU's ROCK!)

FOLD ON...

for the cure
for the glory
and for the overtake of OCAU!

Yeah, it'd feel like cheating if we just shot to the top...... it'll take us a year or two, but we'll make it to the top 100. :chugga: :chugga: woo woo :D

We have 8 cpus folding for us..... 3 are mine, one is enduro's (it'd be two if our little brother would let his computer fold, but oh well) , one for Alcatraz (thanks buddy :) ), and the remaining are Sententials... he's donated 3 computers I think, so he's been a great help for our sub-team.

[edit]

Red Barron might still be folding for us too..... he was a while back, but he's been gone from the forums for a while. Thanks if you are.... no problem if you aren't :)

Last edited:
He's crying now lol :D

jking. He just doesn't like the computer on for some reason. Says that it is too loud??? All the fans are on low and it is running at stock speeds.... I'm not sure what more he wants :D but he likes the computer that I built him so that's all that matters.

It is definitely fun while it lasts :D

I may be on fire right now, but just got the notice today that I have to give up my temporary high-powered xeon server borgs (nine 3.2GHz HT dualies with 4 FAH console instances on each, and one single 3.4GHz HT with 2 consoles running) the last week of this month. It's gonna be a real bummer to drop back down into orange or green ppd scores.

mtb856 said:
Wow, that's a serious loss of power..... will you be getting it back or is it gone for good?

It'll be gone for good. It's actually a couple big HP racks full of Proliant servers I've been assembling, loading and configuring the O/S's and stress testing for a customer. The application & database software vendor is showing up in about two weeks to install their final software on them then we'll be deploying it all at the customer's sites where it'll go into production use doing some boring business stuff for the next few years.

Back