• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200 winchester V.S FX-55

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rodman

Registered
I went to order a FX-55 and they were out of stock today, so I have some time to ask more questions about my setup.

I already have a MSI k8n neo2 Platinum
PDP TCCD memory (1 gig)
Now all I need is a CPU...

I was thinking, can a 3200 clocked to 2.6 run with a FX-55? I mean how much more performance (gaming) is the 55 going to give me? It's 600 bucks diff so I was trying to justify my spending 800 on a CPU. Keep in mind, I am not new to overclocking and have a Thermalright XP-90 to help get the job done. I refuse to overclock a 800+ cpu (FX-55) so it will stay at 2.6 for awile :rolleyes:

Rodman said:
I went to order a FX-55 and they were out of stock today, so I have some time to ask more questions about my setup.

I already have a MSI k8n neo2 Platinum
PDP TCCD memory (1 gig)
Now all I need is a CPU...

I was thinking, can a 3200 clocked to 2.6 run with a FX-55? I mean how much more performance (gaming) is the 55 going to give me? It's 600 bucks diff so I was trying to justify my spending 800 on a CPU. Keep in mind, I am not new to overclocking and have a Thermalright XP-90 to help get the job done. But I refuse to overclock a 800+ cpu so it will stay at 2.6 for awile :rolleyes:

you could go with the winchester and then spend the rest on another gig of ram or a top of the line graphics card.

With the newest CPU's right around the corner with L3 cache and SSE3...You should just get a 3200 now and wait for the new line to come out and see how they compair to the current FX line...

read specs below ;)...

Back