• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case of a Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i had a case that looked like that... i think it was a knock off because that thing was a POS. but it didn't have any place for fresh air to come through the front either. i ended up cutting a huge whole in the front for air... like 12 CM actually. i had to move the power switch and stuff too. i put it on the side of the case nearest me. unless you have some kind of gap between the plastic bezel and the "vents" that are in the metal i don't think it'll breathe too easy.

Does the front bezel have a hole on its underside for air to enter through? If it doesn't then I'm not sure how those intakes are getting air. No air taken in = get a new case.

I thing that a small hole close to bottom may appear there. Anyway front intake doesn't look good. Fan "grills" are way too restrictive. If you want to use intake fans on front - you need to mod that case. Side intakes look pretty nice tho...

Thanks guys. Yea there is a slot at the bottom of the case, never really bothered to look down there :-/ , But ya I cut out the the front fan grills to increase airflow. The case temp at all times is never over 37c. But I was just curious on how much the airflow was restricted. Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

I have a skyhawk case just like it (it is smal inside). I has to make a custom mod to the front as well.

Back