• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need lan boot + OCing P4 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

Hi all!

I've got a farm of old AMD XP procs. I have just mobo + ram + proc + HSF, no keyboard, mouse, hard drive, nor CD, etc. etc.. These machines boot over a network with a built in NIC, using LTSP. I can then log into them from a main machine with keyboard and such, and run programs on them. (e.g. seti, folding, other numerical analysis stuff)

The HT P4's seem to be the ocing $$$ / mips proc of choice these days. But I'm used to AMD land .....

I need ocing, with voltage control. I need built in LAN, AND be able to boot off the LAN. I need to be able to turn off the bios panic features, and run the machine with no video card, keyboard, or mouse.

It would be WONDERFUL to also have on board video, but I've not found many that OC and have on board video.

I'm looking to go cheap, so I can buy multiple mobos and procs.

Next question, of course, will be where can I get the cheapes $$$ per mip ocing proc to fit in the board you recomend .....

Thanks much, and ya, some of the spare cycles will go to the oc.com teams.

Back