• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan for graphics card not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myles

Registered
Honestly, I don't know enough to troubleshoot this problem. Just now, I found that the fan for the card stopped working. So, when I play something like Doom3 or Half-life 2, the game freezes and my screen blacks out, and the only recovery is to reset the pc. Any ideas?

You'll have to buy a new heatsink and fan, I find that those little fans only last up to a year in most cases, usually less though.
I think I need to replace the one on my ti4200, again, this will be the second time.

if you dont feel like getting a whole new HSF, you can put a case fan over it and that might provide enough cooling

Hm, well that sucks. Given that its an ATI card (AIW 9700)... Alright then, new fan coming up. :burn:

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Does anyone have any suggestions for shops online I can go to for this then?

Last edited:
Back