• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Encrypting an entire folder...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

I did a search and all I came up with was that you need to log out...well a lot of people use my computer since everyone in the house doesn't have one and I have journal files which I'd rather not have them looked into...currently they're just tucked away in a windows directory but I'd like to leave it on the desktop....

So the built in thing won't work because I'm always logged in. So what is a free program which will encrypt all files in a folder? doesn't matter what happens when they're moved because they'll only be brought in. Someone said PGP but this is 60 dollars...If anyone has a suggestion let me know please.

Aaron

If you have XP then set up profiles for everyone and use EFS. Logging in and logging out is not difficult. To not do so would be rediculous. ;)

Back