• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MX1000 & GAMEING

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Ok well i finally got a new mouse and yes its the Mx1000.
now when i was buying this it was hard some people said the mouse laggs and some said it doesnt.
then i looked here:
http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=77
MX700

http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=76
MX1000

well let me just say a few things.
the mouse is very nice and its big for people with big hands like me.
there are lots of buttens fun fun
the software is simple and fast
you can place the base station right beside a screen or any thing and it still works great!
the mouse is fine when you lift itup and put it down (as long as you dont lift it more than an inch.

so yes the mouse does no move when lifint it realy fast and above and inch off the pad.
but i lift the mouse all the time and its still fine i game with it(today i did)

any way its a great mouse but so are the mx700 and mx510
the reason i like the mx100 more is the buttens and the feel.
there may be the lift lag thing but the buttens on the mx1000 are bigger and so easy to find and use.

the mx1000 is a good buy the only thing i dont like about it is that i cant get used to it...

its hard to get used to i almost want to plug in my plain jain Aopen opticle mouse mademy logiteck

but once i get used to it i will love it

Best thing ever is that once u dont move themouse for 15sec it shuts it off (but kicks back in once u move the mouse no lagg its like the mouse was always on its great infact i havent charged it yet)

Hopefully it doesnt take you too long to get used to it. A new piece of hardware is a pain in the butt at first when you arent used to it. I am still using a Logitech MX300 optical mouse and have been very happy with it. The only reason I have contimplated getting a new one is because the buttons are starting to take more and more pressure to work. I guess that after two years it is starting to wear out.

Thanks for the review and the videos. It makes the point very well. I am considering buying an MX-1000 but am waiting to see if Logitech can fix the lag problem with firmware or if there is a new model coming out. I don't usually lift the mouse more than an inch anyway so maybe it will be OK.
I have tried it on for size and feel in the store but it is hard to tell how it would be in actual use. How big is your hand exactly? My hand is average size (9" from pinky to thumb fully extended). I know it is a bigger mouse and it would be nice to hear what someone with huge hands thinks is big.

What's all this stuff about lag with MX1000? Did they go backwards at logitech? The MX300 and MX500 don't lag at all, they're still the best opticals ever made. I still don't thrust the wireless thing :p

i dont know how big my hand is all i know is its big (but im 17 so not like trucker hand big just like man hand big)

the mx1000 gas the tinny bit of lagg onyl when moving really fats and lifting the mouse lot but it has been found that if u use the usb>ps2 adapter vertually all lag is gone its somthing to do with the LASER and usb

logiteck is trying this LASER stuff so its new thats why its not as solid as a wired mx510.

ah sounds cool a laser in a mouse. And it's only better to use the usb > ps2 adapter, because most bootable floppy applications like norton ghost and stuff don't work with usb, so u have to swap mouse. But that's more important for the keyboard of course :p

My brother got an MX1000, it is very smooth and doesn't lag at all. It is quite a bit heavier than my MX510, but if you use it on a slick surface It will be fine. He hasn't had any problems from it.

ya its nie with a good mouse pad (like my pokemon mouse pad i got back in the day of Pokemon.)

ya alot of people think im joking but it is a LASER mouse

tho sadly the laser isnt powerful enuf to leave a smoking trail on your desk when you move it around.... ;) they are very nice mice tho, but il be sticking with my mx700

I don't notice any lag at all with mine, expect when it has been in standby for a long time (I think there are two levels of standby, one that happens very quickly like someone mentioned and one that occurs after a longer period of time). I don't really care much for the software though, I wish you could just configure all the buttons without installing anything.

The mouse is awesome. I never have seen lag. The battery lasts a very long time, I've only recharged mine once since Christmas when i got it. I love the feature for switching windows on the mouse and the side scrolling. There is one problem though, something is wrong with alot of them when using a usb slot. Mine like many others would jump all around the screen for no reason. I downloaded the fix from logitech but it didn't help. Using the usb->ps2 solves the problem though, so its not as big a problem as it could have been.

ya if you read the manul it sais that ONLY mac and linux should not use the usb>ps2 adapter.

ya if i had a mx510 or mx700 i wouldnt upgrade, but i would buy the mx1000 over them right now there only like 50$

I have a Microsoft Wireless Optical Explorer 3.0 and it's extremely comfortable. i would recommend buying expensive batteries cause the mouse works were the quality diminshes instead of just shutting off all together.

jonwessel said:
I have a Microsoft Wireless Optical Explorer 3.0 and it's extremely comfortable. i would recommend buying expensive batteries cause the mouse works were the quality diminshes instead of just shutting off all together.

For US$20 you can get a set of 6 rechargable 2100 mAh AA and a plug-in charger. It will pay for itself after the first battery change.

Interesting videos. I have the blue tooth MX900 and I love it to death. I wore most of the numbers off the bottom already since ive had it. Can barely see the bluetooth address anymore. My brother wanted to get me a MX 1000 for christmas but I declined because of the problems ive heard and the fact mine works so well with no lag at all. By the looks of the video that standby problem would drive me nuts after awhile.

Also have a bluetooth keyboard that doesnt lag either when playing games. Both very nice to have as I dont always sit at my desk.

JT

yep, i own a mx1000 too.. love it to death as well.. i do have to change the mouse 2-3 days..but thats becasue i am a hardcore gamer..and play 9+ hours day.

i know of very little lag.. if any at all. but i do gota get a mouse pad.. lol setting it up for a smoth movement for cs was a little tricky..but now i can get heatshots easly as i could with my old mouse. ...it used to jump across the maps..kinda odd imo

Panzerknacker said:
ah sounds cool a laser in a mouse. And it's only better to use the usb > ps2 adapter, because most bootable floppy applications like norton ghost and stuff don't work with usb, so u have to swap mouse. But that's more important for the keyboard of course :p
If you load the mouse drivers into the image the mouse works. ;)

syberspy9 said:
ya if you read the manul it sais that ONLY mac and linux should not use the usb>ps2 adapter.

ya if i had a mx510 or mx700 i wouldnt upgrade, but i would buy the mx1000 over them right now there only like 50$

Where did you find it for $50? The lowest I've seen it even on sale was $62.

I got a MX1000 and a MX700. I've had my MX700 since it was released some time back. I love the thing, and never noticed lag issues with it when hooked up to USB at all. Now just got the MX1000 when it hit stores, love it even more. Love how it turns itself into standby mode in 5seconds to save battery and it lasts much longer then my older one did. I use USB and have 0 issues with it, no lag, no jumping, just good preformance.

Onlything I have issues with is trying to click the backward/forward buttons for browsers and such, it doesn;t work with foxfire :(. Pain in the butt then again I got a secondary computer for that stuff.

Back