• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VF700-Cu Where???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Box of Rocks

Registered
Ok, looking for a site that actually has the VF700-Cu in stock (in the US).

I placed an order yesterday with ATACOM.com and when I called in to upgrade the shipping was told they are out of stock, but expecting a shipment on 26 Jan.

The NV4 Silencer has not worked out. It did not make contact with the GPU ( ~ 1 to 2 mm gap)

Thanks for any help.

If you could post results on how it works or pm me I would greatly appreciate it. I have heard people had issues with seating the NV silencer and have the CPU cooler to match this anyhow.

I just got it today, and installed it. On the Normal setting it is virtually silent. I havent had a chance to run any benchies though or OC it. But, everything fits together very well so far.

TEMPS!!!!!

When you get a chance I would love to know how this affected your temps. I am one of the unfortunate ones to receive an NV5 that does not sit right.

And don't touch the fan when its running:) It hurts like a mofo. I've done it twice because I didn't believe the fan was on it was so quiet!

I just ran 3dmark03 and had the temp monitor running, and the temp when the score came up was 67 and dropped back down to 52 within 1 minute.

Score at stock BFG speeds of 425/1100 was 12225 btw.

Hmmm, does AS5 take a while to "setup"? The review I read was getting 57 under load using the Zalman paste, which I can't see being better than AS5. Then again, they're testing on a bench, not in a tower.

First of all, the testing was done on a 6600GT, not a 6800 Ultra. Second, the ambient temperature was 76 degrees F, meaning that the card was not inside a case. I have a consistent 52 C idle temperature with a consistent 37C case temperature. I think these results are more "real world" than the review.

BTW...
SharkaComputers just emailed me to say its on the way.
Ill post some temps once i get it in.

Jsmooth65 said:
First of all, the testing was done on a 6600GT, not a 6800 Ultra. Second, the ambient temperature was 76 degrees F, meaning that the card was not inside a case. I have a consistent 52 C idle temperature with a consistent 37C case temperature. I think these results are more "real world" than the review.

I have a consistent case temperature of 73F, although it's at 71F right now, that's inside a case, so 76F to me, does not mean that anything is on a bench. I also said in my post that their test was done on a bench. Rather than argue, I'll just take my leave of this thread.

Thanks, it's been a slice. :D

Not really an argument. But anyway, because I am watercooling my CPU, I only have 2 case fans, one on the side and one on the blowhole. Thats probably why the ambient temp is where it is. And although I do live in the Rockies, I'm not in frigid Canada, but I do keep my house at around 75F :) All I can really say is that this cooler will lower your temps, but by how much is dependent on too many variables to estimate.

Back