• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ingemar Lundgre

Registered
I am ready to order a new heat sink/fan but do not know which one to buy. I live in Sweden and the available products are limited. These are the products that i have found suppliers for. Which one of these are the best choice? I am using a T-Bird 1.4ghz with a Gigabyte GA-7DXR mother board. I want a silent and efficient heat sink/fan. I am currently using a Cooler master which gives 65C idle and i also think it´s to loud.

ALPHA PAL15U

ALPHA PAL6035MFC

Silent Saturn

Silver Mountain

TaiSol CGK 760092 Copper Base

ThermoEngine V60-4210

ThermoEngine V60-4225 Turbo

Tt Dragon Orb 3

Tt Indigo ORB TWAFR02

Tt Volcano VI Cu+

ZALMAN CNPS3100

ZALMAN CNPS3100 GOLD

ZALMAN CNPS5001-CU

if you think a cooler master is too noisey, then the only options you have are the not so good heatsinks, i personally wpould go for a thermoengine, this is a 16CFM fan and is silent, the silver mountain it the best in the lise but uses a delta fan

the ZALMAN CNPS3100 with a couple of gamma28 blower fans blowung on it might do the trick, no too sure though.

Really the only quiet option(excluding water cooling) for the 1.4GHz T-bird is the Alpha PAL8035, not mentionded in your list, and not available for purchase yet . . .

dimmreaper said:
the ZALMAN CNPS3100 with a couple of gamma28 blower fans blowung on it might do the trick, no too sure though.

Really the only quiet option(excluding water cooling) for the 1.4GHz T-bird is the Alpha PAL8035, not mentionded in your list, and not available for purchase yet . . .

The alpha PAL 8045 should be available soon. Matched with a 120mm case fan blowing in, I am hopeing it will be able to provide a good quiet and cool solution.

Have a look at the Anandtech review.

To get a silent and Powerfull Heatsink, you would have to go with an 80 mm + fan. What about the Alpha Pal 6035 with a Fanadapter and a 80 mm fan....it should do well in my opinion.
The Thermoengine does also good, but I´m not sure if it´s possible to get a 80 mm fanadapter on their....

The selection in sweden is not at all that limited...

try www.gtek.net they have a very good selection of coolers. They might not be super cheap, but do give good service and deliver quickly. If you live in Stockholm you can visit the www.kylning.com store on St:Eriksgatan. That way you don't haveto spend money on shippment costs from them. Those 2 are really the best companys to get your cooling gear from ^^

good luck~

///OoOx

If u wanna cooler that's not loud and cools fairly well
then i think noisecontrol silverado will be your choice.
it cools fairly well and best of all very quiet

But...
Good Cooling = LOUD
(water cooling is an exceptional)

Back