• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chronicals of Riddik

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
Does anyone know what the best settings would be for a 6800NU? Are their any drivers that may work better than the 67.03's? I am running it at 1024x760 with slightly lowered settings and that game brings this card to its knees. Looks great though.

That's kind of surprising, I'm running it on those settings and it runs great on my system with my 9700 PRO. I haven't played it much yet though. Are you playing with AA on?

That was it. The ps2.0++ kills it! It goes from 80+ fps down to 20 or so. What exactly does the PS2.0++ do? It says for GF6 series cards, thats the only reason I set it on that to begin with. And if they dont do it, what card is needed to run that?

I couldn't tell the difference between PS2+ and PS2.0 other than the huge fps drop. I think I read that it implements per-pixel shading and lighting effects.

so is it ps2b? I thought instancing was a 2b or ps3 feature used for performance increase. I'm gonna look around and see if I can find any info on it.

**added**

After looking it appears that it adds HDR and soft stencil rendering (whatever that is). I believe the HDR will only work on the 6xxx cards, and from some other forums I have read you need to run in like 800x600 for it to be playable with no aa or af. I imagine this feature of the game isnt going to be usefull untill the next revision of video cards because it really makes the video crawl.

Last edited:
Needitcooler said:
I couldn't tell the difference between PS2+ and PS2.0 other than the huge fps drop. I think I read that it implements per-pixel shading and lighting effects.

How do you change from PS 2.++ to PS 2.0???

I had this same problem, the PS2.0++ killed my framerate too, even when my card supposedly supports it. I think it's stupid they even put it in...

So what do you think of the game? Pretty good game that kind of went "under the radar" IMO. Had it been about 50% to twice as long I think it would be somewhere between DIII and Far Cry for single player. More fun then DIII, but still quite a ways to go before catching Far Cry. Does the PC version have multiplayer?

I think its an excellent gmae so far. It dosent have the physics that HL2 has, but the gameplay is smoother and I like the 3rd person perspective occasionally. It shows off some graphics. It dosent have the shadow depth that doom 3 has, not that its bad at all, just not as soft transition wise. I think its right up there with those 2.

I bought it based on the reviews from Gamespot. I really enjoyed it except for a few things that ticked me off. First, it was WAAAAYYYYYYYY too short. It should have been at least twice as long. I remember the original half life, and I wish that all FPS single player games could be that long again. Second issue was that half of the quests in jail were unfinishable. THree or four of them were all linked or dependant in some way of being able to talk to the guys in section A of the courtyard, but since they wouldn't talk, none of the others could be finished either. Maybe it doesn't happen for others though so I don't know. At least the game didn't require those things to happen to be able to finish.

I played it for Xbox and it was an awesome game.Trying to escape from jail is an awesome feeling.The end of the game got real good after the cryosleep thing.Some of the phrases riddick said were cool/funny.The whole health thing with the nanomed machines was brilliant.

Wayyy to short though.

Played it for quiet a bit, then stopped half way through I believe. No clue why, but since someone mentioned it I'll have to continue where I left off a couple weeks ago now.

As for the start of the game, its good.

Just got it today, enjoying it. :)

Looks nice, running ok at 1600x1200. Lot less frames than HL2 though.

ha! i had similar feeling about my performance on my machine. i noticed i was on the highest shader setting, but didn't think anything of it and never changed it.

too late now tho, played all the way thru and beat the game. oh well.

it was a great game tho :)

I got this game for my xbox. I think it's one of the most underrated games of the year. Great game by far. I liked the movie too though lol.

Back