• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do i plug fans in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geestring

i've neve had any oher fans othe than the ones that came with the case and my cpu fan. Do fans come with a wire that goes into one of the bigger molex power cables? not like those little fan wires that go into the motherboard?

Depends what kind you buy - I have seen fans come with two or three pin connectors for the mobo headers, and I have seen fans come with the large four pin molex's to connect directly to your power supply. If you have the option and free PSU connections, you should opt for connecting directly to the PSU.

I.M.O.G. is right. If you want the ones that connect to your power supply make sure the spec says "4 pin molex connector".

ya, because theres only 3 3pin fan connectors on the mobo and thats not enough....

what about fanc ontrollers, do you connect all of the fans to the controller, and then thecontrollers connects to the psu???

Correct, controllers connect directly to PSU molex's. You will want to see what kind of connections the controller uses, and then buy fans accordingly. I haven't ever looked at controllers, so I dunno if they always come with a certain kind of connection.

Back