• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mechatronics 120mm Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't know what to tell you there, that's my only source for that particular fan. Mechatronics, while IMO the best fan made, is not found everywhere. Everytime I can afford to I order up a few more from Coolerguys and try to hoard a pile of them--they are that good.

I own 2 of them, and they pump out a lot of air, but I think they are louder than they claim. Be wary if you are looking for silence from a large fan.

My experience has been though that they are quieter than anything else producing the same 55cfm, and 55cfm is no overkill for a case fan, power supply fan, or cpu fan these days. External radiator users may want something quieter, and can run the Mechatronics at less than 12V. For applications inside the case the Mechatronics at 12V is ideal by my standards.

for low noise sleeve fans are the way to go. globe fans are quiet. everyone has their opinion on quiet though. To me any 120mm fan running over 1500rpm is not quiet anymore. At idle-regular use, all my 120mm fans run 1000rpm or lower.

Back