• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS:S and it's performance on my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Smoke

Registered
1024x768@85 Hz All visuals on high, maximum AA, max AF, vsync off.
Average FPS is about 100 or more, 45-60 in high intensive scenes. No "stuttering" or client side lag. Everything running at stock with the exception that my video card has all of the pixel pipelines and vertex processors unlocked. No pausing, the occasional error bug and crash, not too often though. Doesn't matter if I have any of my modules of DDR RAM installed, DDR266/400 in or both at a time. As a matter of fact, it's more fluid and smooth with them both in. I just cant OC with that DDR266 in there but that's a different story. I have no problems with HL2/CS:S about 90% of the time but that's just my experience, I'm not bragging or anything, I have no reason too. I mean, my setup is sub-par at best. I do notice however, that there seem to be a lot of people that experience the issues stated above on a far greater scale than I, even with system specifications equal or sometimes greater than mine. I'd like to see posts from the people that also have similar CS:S experiences and what you do to maximize the performance in this game. :beer:

Yep, I can get the core on mine to 375, mem 750 and no atifacting, just a little heat, I think I would have to pump it up more to reach the core slowdown threshold. I don't like to OC it very much though, as it raises the ambient temp in my poorly designed case. Now, back to CS:S I've noticed that when I have vsync enabled, I don't notice any decrease in performance, I swear. I hear that makes you lag like a mother. But Half-Life 2 is a whole different story, lol. Can you say 30FPS? lol! I actually have play HL2 at the recommended settings, heheh. :cry: I like eye candy :)

Wow... no offense, but can we please stop with the "OMG MY COMP RUNS CS:S SO GOUDD!!!!!!!"

We all know it runs extremely well for the visuals it produces, and that it scales back quite well.

Now can we please stop?

Back