• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot up at 245 front side, but ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

habanero

I have been working with different settings/drivers to see what I can do about getting the highest fsb that is stable. I can boot to windows and use regular apps just fine at 245mhz fsb, however, in 3d games or 3d benchmarks, my system runs into either blue screens, or a funky memory error. I have had to back my system off to 228 mhz fsb in order to provide the stability for hour after hour of gaming. Why is there such a difference here? Would the problem be with my actual system memory, or could the chipset be the problem? Any insights would be appreciated.

Try these:

-increase your AGP Controller Latency to a higher number (default is 32). try 96 or even 255.
-bumping your Vagp up to 1.6 (if u feel u need it).
-go from 66MHZ to around 69MHZ for AGP Speed.
-changing value of tW2P & tR2P to 4.
-upping or lowering vdd
-reinstall a diff set or the same set that u have been using (but compare it to others) of nForce chipset and video drivers

u can use the nforce2 tweaker to modify the AGP Controller Latency setting, tW2P & tR2P.

http://indabasement.com/tools

You may also want to try increasing your processor's Vcore overvolt; an overclock with a higher FSB almost always requires a higher Vcore voltage for stability, then the same MHz overclock, with a lower FSB.

It is also worth your time to try out the Alpha Timings 5-6-4-3-3-5-6, adjustable using the nForce 2 tweaker pershoot linked above.

Back