• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini poll: What do you do with extra PSU wires

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonblingbling

Kay people, I'm kinda curious on what to do with my current PSU. There is a boatload of wires I dont exactly need, so I was wondering what others do.

1. Nothing. Let them be.

2. Ziptie/cable tie all the wires into a big bally mass of wires.

3. Open up the PSU, cut/unsolder un-needed ones.

4. They go into a black hole.

POLL RESULTS (when ever I update...)
Jungle in a case: 0/1 0%
Big bally mass o' wire: 0/1 0%
Hardcore modder: 1/1 100%
Unexplainable: 0/1 0%

Last edited:
Thanks!

.....DOH! Knew there was a PSU section, but thought it was 'modding'.... Heh, that works.

i hide em behind the mobo too...just route them overthere and tape. i would love to make my psu modular, but it seems like a lot of work and I would prolly only screw it up. are there are good tutorials on how to do it?

I cut them all off on my TT, but on my new OCZ 520, they are going behind the mobo tray, that thing is not getting modded (yet).

neonblingbling said:
Funny you mention 'be careful'. I just so happened to have opened a PSU a while back for the heck of it, and got hurt (its not the nicest pic... you have been warned

So yea, I've played with PSUs before... (also wondering if I should mess with the warrenty of a brand new Antec one).

lol, how did the bottom of your foot get cut opening a psu?! putting out the fire? ;)

I tie mine up and try to hide them, but i'd like to see some pics of people using black holes. everytime i make mine it swallows my computer and i have to start over. let me knowif you have any tips :thup:

No.... The case happened to be on the ground. I was walking back from a 2am shower. "Eh, I stepped on something..." *drip drip drip* "Oh yay..."

Back