• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need heatsink recommendation for Biostar M7NCG400 in Antec Aria

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Posidon42

As the title says, I am looking for a heatsink recommendation. The problem is the Aria only allows a max height above the motherboard of 70mm. Further complicating this is the fact that my mobo doesn't have the 4 mounting holes on it, so it has to clip to the cpu socket.

So far, the only thing I can find is the Thermaltake slk800, but it is aluminum and pretty small. My current system has an slk947u and although it is great, I can't use it due to the previously mentioned no mounting holes.

I really want to use the Si-97, but it is too tall even without a fan. I think I could bend it down so it would fit but since I don't have the aria yet (want to make sure I can get a heatsink I will be happy with first), I can't measure it.

HELP ME OUT HERE!!

Had the same problem

I'am using the same case for the wife.Love the case hate the space.I used this fan heatsink combo:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-106-601&depa=1

For the CPU it just fits below the power supply.
I also change out the no/Low flow 120mm on the power supply to a Enermax 120mm Adjustable and my temps dropped 15~30f idle and load.Im able to use Speedfan to slow down main Cpu fan to a slight purr. :clap:
I hope all this info helped.For size it is just a shade lager then the shuttle cubes and you get so much more flexability. :attn:

Back