• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heatsink help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bknight

i did try the search but was no help there.
im going to try a new cpu like a xp2800 or xp 3000 or will a mobile work on this motherboard. but what i would like to know is what kind of heatsink and fan that would work on here. i have the sk7 right now and 80mm fan thank you for your help

bknight said:
i did try the search but was no help there.
im going to try a new cpu like a xp2800 or xp 3000 or will a mobile work on this motherboard. but what i would like to know is what kind of heatsink and fan that would work on here. i have the sk7 right now and 80mm fan thank you for your help

The SK7 was a good performing heatsink for its day, even now its still pretty good.
I would stay with the same brand your using Thermalright. So any one of their newer heatsinks rated for an xp2800 or higher would be a good choice IMO.

Don't waste your money on 2800 ect.. Imo get a 2500 mobile or 2600 will overclock alot better for you than reg xp series. Suggestions for heatsink would be sl97 if it was me.

Moblies are the way to go man, but when ur buying them get the mobile thats like 5$ more than the other (the thats lower V's).
moblies OC really good.
As for what speed.... what ever is a good deal dont pay tomuch for the upgrades from 2500-3000 find one that has a good upgrade value (do some google'ing when i buying my p4 i learned that 2.8C oc better than the 3.0 or 2.4 so i got it)

as for heat... hmh yes the SK7 was a good performer in its day (withought the fan grill)
If i was you i would buy 2 panaflow fans and a fan controller then rig them all up with this
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-183-107&depa=0

syberspy9 what you was saying was to put 2 fans on it?
something like a intake and outake is that right

I have pretty much that same setup in syberspy9 displays in his drawing. I would suggest an SLK-800 or SLK-900 if you're looking for a better HS than your SK-7. However, your SK-7 is still good and would give you a decent OC.

Back