• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was the NF7-S a bad choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaftedTwice

Was the NF7-S a bad choice for $55, or was a there a better choice for the price (overclocking-wise)? Just for future reference, and will I be disappointed in my NF7-S?

ShaftedTwice

Lets just say if it was a bad choice there's a lot of people out there that have made the same bad choice. And there's a lot of successful overclockers that have made this bad choice. =p

It's one of the best choices you could have made for the socket A platform. Plenty of 3rd party support and it's a really mature board.

Yea lemme tell yea. The NF7 really sucks. Especially when it wont run past DDR520 1:1 <260> I wanted 300 damnit!

The NF7 is my personal fav socketA board. I personally dont like DFI at all. Since you have this board now, better read up on the stickies.

i have had nothing but problems from abit and the NF7-S....mostly related to the IDE channels fomr one reason or another, RMA'd it, got one wit sound problems (which was no good for it was going to be a HTPC, the board was what pop wanted for a board) RMA's it a 3rd time and had major bios issues...finally i took control and hooked him up with a KT4 Ultra or something of the sort and its working fine

keep in mind i was having issues as i was bulding the thing, i hadnt oc'ed it and i honesley hadnt had these problems from any thing else excpet a compaq

Back