• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Blemishes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This may sound stupid (as you have probly tried) but somewhere in the monitor controls there should be an option called 'De Gauss' or a button with a circle or a magnet with a line through it

I have tried that and the weird thing is that if I do that a couple times it will go away but then maybe a day or two after that it comes back (to haunt me).

P.S. What does de gauss mean ( I know what it does) does gauss mean magnet in greek or latin or something?

if it comes back, make sure there aren't any magnets still there

speakers...uhh..i don't know what else

As techun hinted towards, if the problem continues to occur it is b/c you have a magnet someplace near the monitor.

For a definition of degauss: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=353274&highlight=monitor

Basically any type of magnet around your monitor can cause these blotches you are seeing. Speakers, another monitor/TV, Very high voltage wires. Also if you change the orientation of your monitor drastically this will happen. If you have moved everything away from your monitor and it still happens, then its possible your monitor's frame has become magnetized and will needed to be demagnatized.

Back