• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd bios problem!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mysterfix

I have a DFI Lanparty 250gb and every other boot I get the wrong voltage going to my agp bus. It is set to 1.6v in bios but every other boot I get 1.5v reading. I have flashed the bios countless times and even double flashed to try and fix the problem. I have also tried bios 914 to 1015 with the same result. :bang head Also my temps are off by an average 20c, 30c when under load.

This is normal, and there's no fix. You will just have to reboot twice (usually) for the setting to stick. This is just one of the quirks about this board, but it tends not to cause problems for most.

Ok, great, thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know my board isn't going to die on me or cause me problems in the future. I had an AN7 that died suddenly, I changed cpu's and the thing never booted again. It's too bad that amd can't fix this temp. problem or at least help board makers to get reliable readings. It looks like all A64 boards have this problem.

What 'KrisMCool' is saying is that if you set in bios and the next boot shows low then the next will be right but the next boot will be low again unless coming from startup cold boot. It is a pattern of good off good off usually on any bios but the shipping bios. If you have no need of beta bios then flash back to the shipping and not beta bios and it will save correctly everytime according to user reports.

RGone...

Back