• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vga cooler, and nb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trent

I am looking at getting a new cooler for my 9800pro, and new cooling for the NB, I am looking for somethign passive for the NB or how would the NB-1 perform without the fan on it or would I be better going with the zalman for passive. I want to get rid of small noisey fans. As far as the 9800 pro goes, which is going to offer better cooling the vga silencer r3 or the ati silencer1?

The Zalman is the way to go on the NB and the ATI Silencer 1 is the way to go on your 9800.

Specialized silencers are better than the first Silencer (rev3 now).

Zalman NB passive coolers seem to be good, but they got VERY hot with high FSB. Blue and yellow perform similiar, but you can easily attach fan to the yellow one. If only you can get it and you want to go passive, I'd recommend heatsink just like one from ASUS mobos. If you want more performance over noise, think about MicroCool or Thermalright NB cooler and decrease fan speed.

Back