• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd CPU just stopped working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

One day i booted up and it sais 1 cpu, not two. I think hmm thats wierd and i turn off the comp clear CMOS boot back up, same thing. Both procs are 2600ms with SLK-900As and 80mm TT Smart fans 2s @ 1.75V 2520mhz. Ive been running it without takeing out the 2nd proc for a while now and i finally had time to ask about it and do something. What do you guys think happened?

devilscow22 said:
One day i booted up and it sais 1 cpu, not two. I think hmm thats wierd and i turn off the comp clear CMOS boot back up, same thing. Both procs are 2600ms with SLK-900As and 80mm TT Smart fans 2s @ 1.75V 2520mhz. Ive been running it without takeing out the 2nd proc for a while now and i finally had time to ask about it and do something. What do you guys think happened?

test each cpu in the primary socket alone and see if the cpu died

This has happened on my MP modded XP's a couple of times. I had to test each in the primary socket until I found out which was recognized as an XP instead of an MP, and then redo the L5 mod on that proc.

Back