• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF?! It Doesnt Fit!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu318

Disabled
Welland: Most drug use per capita in Canada.
So I finally receive my Ultra UV X-Connect PSU today.. Nice.. I think it looks awsome and this is gunna be nice to have running in the case. So I happily take out my old, crap Powmax and start plugging in the shiney, new cables to find that the 20 pin ATX connector hits up against the 4 pin P4 connector because the cable head on both of them are too wide! I'm not sure if I should blame Ultra for this or if I should blame Abit for putting the 4 pin connector right next to the 20pin plug. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do?!

I had the same issue with that psu, I think they made it so long...but i just suck it up and put in it ...

I think its the maker of the x-connect that put those too long..I think it was made to fit a server style which my case is ..but i got a bigger one that will fit it...

You can remove the plastic boots on the stock cable with an X-Acto knife. Simply insert the blade in between the connector and the boot and twist the blade left and right. Then, if you can get it into the cracked seem of the boot, do some more twisting there.
xconnect.jpg
The boot will split in half after a few tries. Every cable has standard connector heads underneath each boot.

Last edited:
apu318 said:
I did that like you said. Fits perfect now. Love the PSU. Ty Cap'n Slug :D. Your my favourite Cap'n now.. next to Captain Morgan. :)

What about Captain Crunch? Im sorry Captain slug, i love ya...but you just cant compete against a bowl of crunch berries :clap:

facialicious said:
What about Captain Crunch? Im sorry Captain slug, i love ya...but you just cant compete against a bowl of crunch berries :clap:

hahhah! i DEFINATELY second that! :attn: :D :thup:

Back