• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next question: Pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuakerOats

Registered
Okay I got the 77 boneville heatercore, which will leave me some cash for another part. I've decided the pump is next.

I searched for over an hour tonight on pumps and most dealt with straight W/Cing and said that the Iwaki MD-20RZ is the best (too expensive for me anyhow).

I couldn't find much concerning a peltier system except for this:

"you don't need a big pump for tec blocks because they're very unrestrictive, and the slight c/w increases that help with plain water do very little with pelt cooling."

How accurate is that, and what are some models I should consider? A lot of people seem to use Eheim but then you get the hardcore people laughing at them. So I'm not much better off than when I first started searching :(

i use a hydor l35 but only because i got it for 35 dollars, if you are going for cheap then get a via - http://amekaaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Pumps_Via_Aqua as long as it works and doesnt fail thats all that really amtters, everyone has their own opinions on whats better. although most agree the iwakis are best, you could do a dual via 1300 setup so even if one pump failed youre still safe and you can get two of those for the price of one eheim.

Last edited:
Back