• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing IP's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eatmyshorts7569

For some reason all my comps in my network have the same network exept the woreless one. well i wanted to know how i can change or assine them there own IP's. is that possible? if yes how can i do it?

your talking about the EXTERNAL IP / WAN
your LAN = 192.168.0.102 for example
you cannot change your IP your ISP provides unless you upgrade packages.

well the 192.168.2.1 which is my SMC's i dont care about what i care about is that all my external IP's are the same. i want to change them. is that possible.

You'd have to buy additional IP addresses from your ISP then connect the computers to the broadband connection using a switch or hub, not a broadband router. That way the ISP's DHCP server will assign a seperate external IP address to each machine. I think the going rate is $5-$10 per IP address per month.

Why do you need to do this?

EDIT: I just re-read your original post, and now I don't think you really mean external IP address since you said your wireless connection has a seperate IP. Are you saying your wired machines all get the same IP address when turned on?

Ok, I'm confused.

You want your IP address to be the same when connecting to your broadband provider?
-or-
You want your IP address to stay the same within your network?

-Sam

i dont want them to. my IP for 3 comps are 68.231.197.14 and the wireless one is i think 215.something.something.something. ow i want to know how i can change one or two. also some free way would be beter.

Go to each machine and type IPCONFIG in a command prompt window and post the IP address listed.

It cannot be the same thing.

Again, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Back