Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > Intel CPUs
Intel CPUs
Forum Jump

Intel's advertising - a bit of a joke!!

Thread Closed

Old 01-19-05, 02:17 PM Thread Starter   #1
Terminat.

Intel's advertising - a bit of a joke!!

I was listening to an advert for an HP computer, and it was so FUNNY!

It had 2 teenagers talking, and the line that was really good was when the boy says to the girl:

"Guess what we're getting soon? A Pentium 4 3Ghz with Advanced Intel Hyper-Threading Technology."

The kid was supposed to sound like some kind of techno-dude, but anyone who knew anything about computers would know the truth: he was just spewing out Intel's marketing! I mean, what kind of computer-geek talks about hyper-threading, but doesn't mention things like what Socket it is, or what type of chip it is (Northwood, Prescott etc.) It was just ludicrous!

And if "Advanced Intel Hyper-Threading Technology" isn't an Intel marketing catch-phrase, then what is?

I know Intel are doing badly - with them coming out as the firm losers in the gigahertz war (I remember them boasting about having a 3.8Ghz chip ready for December 2004, what happened to that?) but do they really have to resort to getting the OEM manufacturers of Intel computers to use such laughable marketing?

Just something I'd thought I'd share. I hope none of you would be tempted by the lure of "Advanced Intel Hyper-Threading Technology" (with it being pretty useless - nothing more than an Intel catch-phrase.)
Old 01-19-05, 02:40 PM   #2
batboy
Senior Moment

10 Year Badge

1) That was an HP ad, not an Intel ad.

2) Of course it was marketing. What's your point?

3) Intel is not doing badly. Where are you getting that garbage from? They are in firm control of not only the processor market, but also the chipset market.

4) I've had my 3.8 for at least 6 weeks now. Not sure why you think it was never release. Look in my signature at the green rig (air cooling), it's an A64 killer too.

5) Sorry to disappoint you, but hyperthreading really does work for multitasking. Why do you say it's useless?

Please get your facts straight before posting such gibberish.

Old 01-19-05, 02:41 PM   #3
MikeyLikesItSI

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...116-190&depa=1

This processor has been out since Dec 04....
....must be an AMD fanboy.....

Laptop: Gateway MT3705 w/T7200 BSEL modded @ 2.4ghz : Stock cooling : gHey 200M onboard video

2nd Rig: ABIT AI7 w/ Celeron D 310 @ 4.0ghz : EVGA GeForce MX4000 : Ninja scythe w/120mm delta 72CFM : Antec TP550

3rd Rig: ASUS P4S800 w/ Pentium 4 M 2.8 @ 3.4ghz : Zalman 92mm HSF: Rosewill 450w
Old 01-19-05, 02:55 PM   #4
jenko

I agree with batboy, terminat what was the point of this topic all i can gather is you dont like intel.
The only real intel advert i have seen is the one with the blue blokes flying around on the centrino logo and the advert is crap but the centrino isnt.
Old 01-19-05, 02:56 PM   #5
donny_paycheck
Inactive Super Quad Mod

batboy pretty much said everything there is to say so I'll just close this as its only potential is to troll.

6GB Corsair Dominator
XFX GeForce GTX 285
WD Raptor 150GB / Hitachi 1TB
Antec P182 / PCP&C Silencer 750
Samsung 2232GW

Sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Thread Closed

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > Intel CPUs
Intel CPUs