• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

600 pointers scarce but 364 pointers just as good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
Just anaylzing some of these p1475 big packet projects. They seem just about as good as the 600 pointers, maybe slightly better in fact. Using about 98mb ram as opposed to 104mb fro the 600 point wu's.

yeah i just got one today! and it takes about half the time of the 600 pointers, but gives more points/unit of time. I can't think of a better way to put it than:

in the time it takes to make 600 points from the p1140, I can make 728 points with the p1475.

keep 'em coming stanford :thup:

instead of 600 pointers im getting little gromacs (63 points) now :-/. i even have bigpackets enabled.

Arkaine, I've noticed a big points/week rate increase with these on my A64 machine over the p11xx series. With nothing else running but essentials and EMIII and the console client on my A64 machine, it's averaging a 3150+ point/week rate on the 1475's and it only runs at around a 2250 points/week rate on those 600 pointers. I've also noticed speed gains with these on my P4 Northies and also my XP duallies too, but not as dramatic as the A64.

Hmmm...I might have to give these a try. I've picked up 2 600 pointers in a row, looking to finish my 2nd today or tomorrow hopefully, but we'll see how far I get on this CPU time.

For some systems, the 600 pointers look easy, but not for mine strangely...
I really do need an upgrade though...

stan03 said:
instead of 600 pointers im getting little gromacs (63 points) now :-/. i even have bigpackets enabled.

oh man before the 600 pointer came out that was almost all I got on my two ht machines. even with bigpackets on. I even tried turning it off on one of the rigs and kept getting them. But since the 600 pointers came out I haven't seen one and I hope I never do again :p

Yeah, 400ppd on a stock 3.4GHz P4 ain't bad.

Kewl, a protein with nothing but 6000+ carbon atoms.

Attachments

• p1475.jpg
    p1475.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 46
Back