• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 5.1 surround and best DVD player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

covana2244

I have sound in from my card but I don't think it is 5.1. How do I setup 5.1 surround sound?
Also what is a really good dvd player for linux?
Thirdly, what is a really easy to use sound mixer to set the volumes of the 5.1 surround speakers?

sound mixer? the stuff built into the drivers... the sound center or whatever.... is decent, but not great. try winamp, or any of a slew of other programs out there, that with a few plugins, can do nearly anything you need them to.

TollhouseFrank said:
sound mixer? the stuff built into the drivers... the sound center or whatever.... is decent, but not great. try winamp, or any of a slew of other programs out there, that with a few plugins, can do nearly anything you need them to.
I think you're a bit confused with Windows there. If you're using KDE as the desktop kmix will do what you need. The there is alsamixer and amix which run from a console, At least one of the three is probably is install. As for the DVD player I like Xine. There is also mplayer and kaffeine.

My preference for DVDs is Ogle, with the gui-frontend Goggles. Just like the way it works. Seemed to me more like the PowerDVD I was used to from Windows.

DWolf:cool:

Back