• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game issues with great new setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChemicalWeather

i recently got a new msi k8n neo2 plat mobo, new 480psu, 512ram working on 1gb, new seagate 200gb hdd, and a amd athlon 64 chip. now of course that should run any game fine my old hp system (2 years old) could run WoW (World of Warcraft) fine. but now with my new setup when i enter a specific town my game crashes and all my settings are the same and everything i have new drivers for my ati radeon 9800pro also it has happened ever since i got my new setup, anyone have any ideas cuz ive tried everything.

run memtest86, it will test your mem for any problem.

yeah. memory problems seem likely. maybe your BIOS is trying to run the memory at timings that it can't support? also, what speed is your memory? if you're running memory slower than DDR400 with an athlon 64 chip it could cause problems. if it is DDR400, then if it's not designed for low-latency operation and your BIOS is trying to run it at 2-2-2-5 timings (usually default for low-latency DDR400), then it can cause problems.

RAM seems to be the likely problem. memtest is a good idea, also you might just want to go through and check all BIOS settings, look into how the RAM is supposed to run, etc.

Back