• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8NSNXP-939 mem prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mac54

whats up guys im a newbie at this so bear with me i built a AMD FX-53 with the Gigabyte k8nsnxp-939 with 1gb OCZ tech ddr500 (pc4000) ram i try to oc and i can't even get it to run prime for 5 minutes at 2.5g (cpu 12x FSB [email protected])whether or not i make the changes in the bios or if i use that easy tune 4 the in windows tweeker i don;t get it? also have 6800gt 420 and 1.15gh and 250g western digital 7200rpm hd, sony dvd+/-rw 16x. i just would like some of your insite on the ram i chose should i have got ddr400 pc3200 ram and thats y its giving me trouble Voltage at 2.7 thats what the ppl at OCZ told me

Last edited:
whats your cpu voltage at. you may need to raise it a tad.I would also try putting your question in the memory section there are plenty of people in there running using that type of mem who should be able to help.

Last edited:
What happens when you're running the test? Does the machine reboot by itself or lock up?

Raising ram voltage won't hurt anything. Any good ram will run good with the voltage at 2.7. Try bumping up the cpu voltage bit by bit.

Also, what temperature is the cpu running? And what heat sink are you using on the cpu?

Back