• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is what Duallie Xeon Can Due

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope you can do more than that. With my 2200+ laptop w/ bigpackets I'm hitting 150ppd. How many instances are you running and do you have bigpackets on?

4 instances, bigpackets just recently turned on. I have about 700pts worth of work units that are still being folded that should be in, in about a day and a half to two days.

I'm looking to get a dually. From what I hear they should out mega points. From what I've read it should put out about 4000ppw. That's a nice system though. Are you going to overclock it?

not until I can find some good air cooling heatsinks. Sworn off watercooling for now. I was told they can put out up to 3500ppw. about 500ppd supossedly.

Depends on the WU's. I calculated a presshot 3.0 with two instances at almost 2100 PPW doing 600 pointers, figure a dual xeon at the same speed would be about double that.

Last edited:
Arkaine23 said:
Depends on the WU's. I calculated a presshot 3.0 with two instances at almost 2100 PPD doing 600 pointers, figure a dual xeon at the same speed would be about double that.

dude, if a prescott could pump out 2100 PPD then i the 5 3.0Es i just borged this week will pump out 10500 ppd... :) i assume you ment PPW though :D

Remember that your ppd and ppw will take a month or so to level out with the new cpu's. It seems to take Stanford a little while to figure out what proteins to send to your computer even with the -adv, -force, and BP's turned on.

I think you should get at least 200 ppd for that box, just give it some time to get aquainted the crunching of proteins.

Wedo

Back