• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem w/ Soundcard on AN35N-Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breadfan

Inactive Moderator
Trying to figure out if this is a board issue, soundcard issue, or what...

I've got a Chaintech 5.1ch C-Media 8738-lx card running on my AN35N. I'm having some really odd issues with it.

1.) Sound will stop after an hour or so. Just stops playing all sounds, like speakers are muted but they are not. Only way to bring it back is a restart.

2.) Some files play and will not adjust volume in Windows. For instance .wmv movies will play at their native volume -- adjusting volume in Media Player AND the AV Rack do nothing to limit the volume going to the speakers. Only way is to turn down my speakers. Other files work fine.

In ATI MMC, DVD does this...cannot change volume in MMC, but the AV Rack will work. Really is annoying as the remote cannot be used to change volume. ATI TV however, works perfectly.

When it works the card sound decent though...I may buy a new card though.

Anyway, specs:
AN35N-Ultra, onboard sound disabled
Win2k Pro
Latest C-Media drivers (used ones on supplied CD as well, no help.)
Speakers if it matters - logitech z-640 5.1
Barton 2500 oc'ed to 3200 (200fsb)

Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue...

I've got an SB Live 5.1 card and to be honest, with the speakers I have, I can't tell a difference between it and the onboard sound unless I'm playing with the DSP modes. I'd just use the onboard sound, but that's me.

Well, I just ordered a 7.1 card with the VIA Envy chip, heh, a Chaintech, but was only $25.

I could try the onboard, but I had a MCP-T board before with SoundStorm so I'm sorta not wanting to go back much less...

AV-710 is a nice card, doesn't like EAX in games but for music & DVDs its awesome - I've run one in my media rig for the last year.

Regards, Balrog

Back