• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

horrible scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feladis

Registered
I just installed 3dmark05 and with an amd 2800 and geforce 5200 fx 128 mb got a 227..
3dmark01 - 5370
Is this anywhere near where it should be?

Can anyone help me to improve my score? Ie good drivers, tweaks, etc

Last edited:
I did NOT think my card would be this bad.. shows what a 50 dollar (rebated) card from frys will get you :-/

400 dollar comp..
amd 2800
200 gig hd
geforce 5200 fx 128 mb
512 mb 2700 ram
antec sonata case

The CPU and HD are respectable. The RAM is probably decent but I bet it's generic - you should have definately gone for a better video card though.

Without buying new hardware, do you know how I could improve my rating?

Your cpu can easily be overclocked a little bit; however to get better gaming performance you will most certainly require a different video card.

No matter how fast your cpu is, I would say the only difference it would make would be in benchmark tests. Otherwise in games, your 5200 holds you back.

ebay that fx5200 for whatever you can get and at least get a ti4200 off ebay, I may break 20k marks with it and my winchester. If you wanna keep dx9 get a 9700np for $110 or so. 9600pros cost almost the same but there 1/2 to 2/3 as fast

Damn how many hours did it take to finish. I remember running errands while my FX5200 tried running '03. Even my 5900 ultra struggled through '05. Hands down the 5200 is a pile ****. <-- probably edited but it starts with S and comes out your bum.

Back