• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ImageQuest Monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kawzman

Hyundai ImageQuest Monitors

Newegg has an ImageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers, 8ms and DVI for $379. I like the specs though the View Angle: 150° / 145° (Horizontal / Vertical) is a little less than most, impressive Response Time of 8ms though. No customer reviews havebeen posted so I assume that it's a new product. Does anyone own or heard anything about the quality or reliability of this monitor?

Last edited:
Yeah, i googled it to death but no dice. There were many hits on european sites. Was listed as a top-seller on a german site.

There is a review about it in a French hardware site, I think Hardware.fr or something...google it up and use a translator...

Seems like a nice TFT in the 19" range. It uses the new Samsung fast panel which is the fastest available (ok 8ms is a myth if you know how manufacturers rate their products....its actually mostly 20ms and in some small color area it can reach sub10 ms so they rate it as 8ms, but still, as a comparative note, it IS faster than the rest of the panels that also use this tactic... just don't think its twice as fast when compared to a 16ms panel). There is also a Samsung 19" with this panel of course, but surprisingly enough the Hyundai is a better application of the panel, because it the samsung lacks DVI (hyundai got it) and some minor ergonomics stuff....plus the hyundai is cheaper.

So basically it's the fastest 19" monitor you can get and it's cheap! If you are a gamer and you would go for a TN+film monitor anyway (so you have accepted its disadvantages as a given) then go for it without much more thought... If not then first decide if you want a fast TN+film TFT or a more colorfull but little slower one...

(reliability is really not an issue these days....most of these monitors will be worth nothing by the time their warranty expires in 3 years...you could buy a new one for half the money and 2 times the quality...)

I dont have any experience with the 19 inch but I have sold a few of the 17 inch ImageQuest LCDs. Very bright and crisp image. They look better in person than they do on the web. The ones I used have internal speakers that, of course, suck badly but that is expected. Build quality is great and I couldnt get the 17 to ghost no matter what I tossed at it. I have ordered close to half a dozen with the same results. Not a single dead pixel yet. I also ordered mine from Newegg. Very nice monitors and I will recommend them.

Wow, this is looking very nice. Does anybody here have one yet? Also, does anybody have another monitor that dithers colors up to 24bit? What are the effects of this, and can you even tell?

Right now it looks like I'll be buying this or the 2001fp next time it's on sale.

crimedog said in another thread, his L90D+ should arrive on Weds, and I know there are a few people interested in a review, myself included. xD

Mine was delivered today but it came earlier than I expected it so there was nobody here to sign for it :bang head

I signed for it and FedEx will drop it off tomorrow even if nobody is home, so tomorrow night I should be able to tell everyone my first impression :thup:

Awesome, I can't wait.

If you and crimedog say it's not bad, I'm buying on Thursday. I'll have to wait until Monday to receive it though. =(

Does anybody know how this monitor compares to the Dell 2001fp quality wise. Mainly the color dithering, does the Dell do that? And how much will you be able to tell the difference between 8ms and the 16ms Dell?

Regarding the 2001FP... I dunno, don't have that monitor. Compare the prices though. ;) Crimedog and bounty get their L90D+'s today and will be reviewing them on ghosting and other things, so stick around.

Inositle said:
And how much will you be able to tell the difference between 8ms and the 16ms Dell?

Probably a lot, probably not at all, it just depends on the person. I know there are some people who can't tell the difference between a 60Hz refresh rate, and an 85Hz refresh rate, but to myself and to other people I've met, it's night and day. The same can be said for response times.

Anyway, just wait around and we'll have a couple reviews today hopefully. :clap:

ok, I'm the new guy, but I got this monitor yesterday morning and I will say it is NICE! Like i've said in other threads, I was expecting something to be wrong with the monitor with dead pixels, or a bad ghosting issue in gaming, or a dim display... But amazingly enough this thing has nothing wrong!

It's pretty friggin' bright too, as right now I have it on in my computer room with no other lighting and it lights into the hall. I guess that can be both a good or bad thing depending on how ya look at it. All in all though, I'd give this monitor a 9.9 out of 10!

What exactly is "twinkling"? I've never owned an LCD monitor but have seen many. I've only seen one in gaming, not sure what brand it was, 19", and was ghosting pretty bad.

"twinkling" occurs when a panel that can only display 18-bit colors instead of true 24-bit tries to compensate for the missing colors by some software techniques...

I found a way to see how good of a color reproduction your panel has.
BLUETEST.jpg

Look at this image, if it looks perfectly smooth, you're seeing 24-bit colors. When looking at this on my laptop I see very faint lines (curves actually) emost obviously on the dark end. This is nowhere near enough of a problem to bother me, but different panels might show this differently.

actually a better test would be to actually open up photoshop and go through the color selection and through all the colors to see which colors it does a good job showing and which aren't so good..... it would also take out any jgeg artifacts out of what you're seeing

kiljaden5 said:
"twinkling" occurs when a panel that can only display 18-bit colors instead of true 24-bit tries to compensate for the missing colors by some software techniques...

I found a way to see how good of a color reproduction your panel has.
BLUETEST.jpg

Look at this image, if it looks perfectly smooth, you're seeing 24-bit colors. When looking at this on my laptop I see very faint lines (curves actually) emost obviously on the dark end. This is nowhere near enough of a problem to bother me, but different panels might show this differently.

yep, that color test is needed with any of the new reviews that are being done today.
let's remember folks, color is important to many people.

mica
(sitting on the edge of his seat, waiting for crimedog's review)

Back