• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pic of fried Asus P4C800 E Deluxe motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this board is stock and it has no mods on it at all. all I did was install a 3.2E SL7PN EO and had vcore set to auto and slightly raised fsb to 240. Barely even pushed the new cpu and on a reboot computer would not start. Tried everything possible, cleared cmos, tried different processor, and then I removed cpu from socket to do a power on and a large blue spark shot out and almost hit me. Board was not shorted out due to it was securely fastened to removable mobo tray and all other connections were also secure. Board was 24 degrees celsius and the cpu was only 28 degrees celsius. So temperatures should not have been an issue. Had this board for a full year with no problems at all. Have no idea what caused this. any ideas?

for replacement motherboard for a prescott 3.2 processor, would you go ASUS p4c800 E Deluxe or ABIT "IC7-G MAXII ADVANCE" i875P Chipset Motherboard?

Shootingblanks said:
for replacement motherboard for a prescott 3.2 processor, would you go ASUS p4c800 E Deluxe or ABIT "IC7-G MAXII ADVANCE" i875P Chipset Motherboard?
IC7 should be perfectally fine and it supports prescott.

think it would perform and overclock better than p4c800 e deluxe? does it droop at all like the asus? whats it vdimm voltage go up to w/o mods?

Last edited:
Same thing happen to me but I was using northwood in my mobo, I also got lot of smoke from southbridge almost cracked.

Back