• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best router without resetting problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

Well finally I'm going to give up my old school Dlink di-604 rev A router..it has been resetting everyday and every 15 min or so..which it pisses me off so much..I can't stand this because I game so much..I want the best router avaliable or anything that's best bang for the buck without any reset problems for me. And right now it doesn't even reconginze my cable ocnnection...so it wouldn't even work..I'm currently directly plugged from the modem.. I will be using this with Comcast cable..thanks for any suggestions..I would be looking foward non-wireless would be fine for me but wireless would be cool not it will not be uused..first of all what brand should I look into? Linksys? Netgear? Newer Dlink? I have the latest firmware and it does not fix the probelm for my di-604

Smoothwall
mine is on continuously for 21 days and is running dhcp for 5 computers
it is working great,now I built second SW to learn how to instyall some new MODS ,have to figure out how to update second SW (5 updates) with first working as a router
it is great firewall

Ive had great luck with my Netgear FVS318, I would defintally recommend it for you, I used to have problems with my router restarting since I was pushing too much traffic through it with bittorrent, but with my Netgear, I only had a few problems in the first month or so, but since then, I have loved it. The only thing is it isnt the cheapest router out there since it was designed for small business use. If you dont feel up to putting that much money down for a router, I would just get on newegg or someplace, and just pull up all the routers they sell, and sort them by rating, and see if ya can find one that catches your fancy.

I still don't understand how SM works..hmm..and I heard Linksys has some problem with their wireless netowrking problem...is that true?

Looks like the Linksys BEFSR41 has the most votes on NewEgg..I'll prob get that instead..is that a good choice?

SMC. Cheap but workes. wireless range around 15-20 feet ( without walls, I know its a bummer ) and with 4 ports. seams good enogh and it is. CHEAP ( $45 ) Workes ( its not perfect but it douse the job )

CordialSpam said:
Looks like the Linksys BEFSR41 has the most votes on NewEgg..I'll prob get that instead..is that a good choice?

This was the first router I bought years ago. It worked fine until I got the wrt54g because I wanted the extras that that router offered with its firmware upgrade. The only problem I had with my befsr41 is that high Bittorent usage would overload it and I'd have to reset it. With the wrt54g it build with better componets and havn't had a problem since.

eatmyshorts7569 said:
SMC. Cheap but workes. wireless range around 15-20 feet ( without walls, I know its a bummer ) and with 4 ports. seams good enogh and it is. CHEAP ( $45 ) Workes ( its not perfect but it douse the job )
15-20 feet?!?

Back