• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermisistor or Diode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gmony01

AMD Sempron 2200+ @ 2ghz. I'm using Speedfan to monitor temps. I read that that diode sensors are more accurate in sensing cpu temps. My mobo is ECS K7VTA3 v6.0. Setting sensor to thermisistor temperature reads 48c, but when i set the sensor to diode it reads 39c, then drops to 35 after awhile. Which sensor should i use? My HSF is the Coolermaster Aero 7 Lite.

use the diode...its WAAAAYYYY more accurate....that thermisistor temp can soemtimes be +-10C off at times....its crazy....and be happy u can access ur diode temps...i wish i could! :(

So if speedfan allows me to select diode that means I'm accessing it? Cause when i choose diode for temp1(mobo) its gives a negative temp or 0, same thing for aux temp(temp3). Doesn't do it for cpu though. Right now cpu temp 29c at 2ghz.

i think my diode is broken... thermistor reads at 35 c idle and diode reads at -65 c to -28 c o.o

The bios reports the same temp as the thermistor. What going on then? Which is right diode? Or Bios and thermistor?

gmony01 said:
The bios reports the same temp as the thermistor. What going on then? Which is right diode? Or Bios and thermistor?

I use mbm5. Uninstall speedfan(unless you use it for fsb changing on the fly or something else) and dl and install mbm5 (motherboard monitor?) Just reinstall speedfan if that's your preference...Some people have problems getting their temps when both programs are used.

I get the same readings with mbm5 as with my bios:)

I hope this info helps:)

I have the same question. I have chaintech 7vjl deluxe. The nios readings are 53 for the CPU (too high) and the mbm5 readings for the CPU according to it's default for my mobo settings are 28. I must set another sensor just to show the bios readings. And at default the readings aren't stable. It changes but most of the time are correct.

Andreas1327 said:
I have the same question. I have chaintech 7vjl deluxe. The nios readings are 53 for the CPU (too high) and the mbm5 readings for the CPU according to it's default for my mobo settings are 28. I must set another sensor just to show the bios readings. And at default the readings aren't stable. It changes but most of the time are correct.

Those readings sound correct if your in the bios and you got 53c that is a diode reading. Mbm5 reading 28c is a socket reading.

Back