• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diode broken?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feladis

Registered
I noticed that the thing that you apply your grease to on the cpu (name escapes me atm) was chipped a bit on one edge.. has this killed my diode?

With thermistor
thermistor.jpg

With diode
diode.jpg

I know that MBM 5 is set to my exact motherboard (****ty ecs k7vta3) and reports the same temps as speedfan... I noticed this after I reseated my heat sink (tt silent boost) with as5, which improved the idle thermistor by 20c

Yah, my voltage on the right hand side varies a lot except for the vbat.. Im sure I have the latest bios version. My pc runs very smoothly, no errors after 18 hours of prime95. Played Doom 3 for two hours and everything appears fine. The diode reported reasonable temperatures (apart from that they were pretty high) before I reseated my heat sink so I can only assume that the reseating must have damaged it.

If I remember correctally the diode should be dead center on the CPU's core. That being said my guess is that speed fan is reading incorrect. This would hold true especially if your temps in the BIOS readed normally.

When i had my PCChips 811LU (same board as your ECS board but with a KT266A & appropriate BIOS) the rail measurements were pointless to look at. His PSU is fine, the motherboard just doesn't read the voltage correctly.

Back