• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need serious help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arch2004

I have a PIII 667 with 256Mb of PC100 memory. Can someone please tell me how to acces my FSB to overclock?? What do I need to do to puch my CPU speed up?? Please help. I have no clue how to do any of this. Thanks.

Chris
[email protected]

Your CPU is 133fsb so it wont be a great OC. It depends also if your board will even go past 133.

First try holding delete when you turn on your computer to enter the bios. I'm guessing you have a brand name pc, that might mean any fsb or memory timing controls will be blocked out. Well try to enter the bios and tell me what you see under "chipset features". IF you see something about fsb or clock speeds tell what options you have. It should tell you both the fsb and pci speeds. Look something like 133/33.

Any info you have about your computer would be a help to us.

Also what heatsink/fan are you using? If it's default stock fan you really should get a new one before trying this.

i had a slot 1 667 that would go to 155mhz fsb (775mhz) with an 83w peltier/Alpha p3125s cooler. I put the cpu back in the retail box, just incase i need it later or want to sell it.

I downloaded SiSoft Sandra2001se, but don't know exactly what I need to get from it. Also, what kind of fan is good to get? And how do I put them in my case? I have a Compaq 5000T desktop.

As you can see...I know nothing about how to do this stuff.

Oh, and I have 256Mb of PC100 memory. What would happen if I changed it to PC133?? Would that hurt my computer?:eek:

yea i wish someone would have asked earlier. i think alot of people were confusing you.

i hope your memory is pc133 and not pc 100.

the chip you have the p3 666 (its a demon) is running you memory at 133mhz.

if you have pc100 memory then your pc is probably not going to overclock since you memory speed is already being pushed.

since your computer is a compaq your bios will not have a section to adjust the fsb. you need a program called soft fsb that lets you adjust the fsb from windows.

look arround on the message board for a moderator named shadow. he has green stars. i think he has an ftp with this program.

Back