• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how long to expect it to take a for a wu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantom punisher

new to f@h and im on gentoo. i ran it last night and didnt get anywhere near completing my first wu.
is that normal? or do i have something configured wrong?

p.s. im sure this is answered somewhere but i spent a while looking for it. possibly add the answer to the faq...

Yea I was going to say that as well. It could take half a day sometimes several days. It all depedns on the size and your level of activity

ahh i see. thanks. i though i had remebered F@H wu's only took a few hours. if dual xeons take awhile then ive got to wait a heck of a while longer

phantom punisher said:
ahh i see. thanks. i though i had remebered F@H wu's only took a few hours. if dual xeons take awhile then ive got to wait a heck of a while longer
It all depends on what packet you are working on. The newer packers are much larger than they once were.

Death - you should run the one click, and download EMIII. The one click folds faster than the graphical, and EMIII can tell you everything the graphical can without hurting performance

dicecca112 said:
Death - you should run the one click, and download EMIII. The one click folds faster than the graphical, and EMIII can tell you everything the graphical can without hurting performance

Like I said in another thread, problem is this WU had already started when I was recommended to use the one-click exe. I'm afraid I could lose this one.

Don't worry about it. Someone told me in another thread that the graphical client doesn't hurt performance except when the window is open and even then the hit is marginal. it can wait for this one to finish.

Yes I oculd be wrong but with a graphical client it dosnt have to load anything extra unless you have the windows open, so really they should be around the same. Both just load your desktop unless of course you keep it open. Also its still images right? Not like a 3d model or is it a model?

Back