• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hit the OC barrier too soon!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeuffelHunden

OK, I have a couple questions.

1. I did the pencil trick to unlock my axia, and it seemed to work fine. OC'ed it to 1.2, ,but it locked up occasionally. So I raised the voltage, but it still got the occasional freeze. By the way, it does this when OC'ed to 1150, too, and I know I should get that no problem.

2. Why can I not set the multiplier to anything above 9? Can't get a POST, even if the fsb is set lower.

The only thing I can figure is that I didn't pencil it good enough. Would that cause it to not be able to overclock as much? Would it affect my ability to set a higher multiplier?

Thanks in advance

1. Sounds like it might be a cooling problem, what HSF you using?

2. Might need to do a better pencile job. Also might want to try penciling in the L7 bridges to increase the initial voltage.

I would say its the pencil. The first chip I ever did I used conductive ink but not enough and I had the same thing happen to me, after redoing it though I've had no problems.

I would use something better than pencil though conductive ink or window defogger repair kit for a permanent solution.

itz the pensil job man some of the lead is not touching or is touching the wrong bridge... break out an eraser and then redo it... it should work after that but you should do it the right way so it does not wear out lata cup

I never had luck with the pencil trick. Whatever the reason why I cant make it work, must have been me all along, I still argue that with such a vital connection we should all be using conductive pens to close the gaps. I know it's expensive & there just might be more people on lead but on my mobo & cpu combination I used the pen.

Back