• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

startmeny shortcutkeys = temporary hickup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

Anybody noticed this problem i have? I have the habit of using the "shortcut key" feature for a few items in the start menu, example, CTRL+ALT+E = Outlook Express, CTRL + ALT + W = Total Commander (name change makes that unlogical, it was earlyer named Windows Commander) , and a few (a bunch) others. Now then, Sometimes, not allways, but offen enough, i can press a key combo, and nothing happens, for "an eternity" and this behavior is the same, nomater if computer is at idle, or full load.. "ocationaly" it does this, most the time it dosent. I can still play what ever game i want to, ALT+TAB to any other active software, but i can notpull up the start menu, or show the taskbar. (autohide on) It feels like it takes a few mins at most and then the software linked to the shortcut pops up.
Best part tho, if i DONT use the shortcut Key's, the softwares never fail to bounce up at once.(open start menu, go to icon, klick it, or have icon on desktop, klick it twize, run it from its home folder by pressing enter on the exe... so on so forth)

Any ideas for a solution ? Nobody i talked to claimed to know a solution, but this IS getting mighty anoying. And, no, the patch of "stop using the shortcut keys" is just bloody anoying.

Thanks
B!

Im guessing this means one of two things...

1 nobody else ever seen the issue, wich is a bad sign.
2 nobody ever got a fix for it, only solution is a reinstall. (hate those)

there could offcourse be a third reason, nobody ever figured out what i wa sasking, oh well, thanks for your time guys n' girls.
B!

You may have a corrupted user profile. Try creating a new user account, then re-attempt at using your shortcut key assignments again.

Back