• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best liquid to use with Zalman WB2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberBlade

Registered
What's the best liquid to use for anti-corrosion and anti-biological effect with a Zalman WB2 Water Block (has anodized aluminum top)? Except Water Wetter - don't have it in Bulgaria, infact probbaly none of the retail products that you have in mind will be in stock arround here... :cry: So please give me some chemical names to buy.. or something ... :bang head

For the anti-biological effect I might use some stuff from the aquarium shop that I have bought the pump from ;)

So the main problem is the corrosion. Please help :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forums and please enjoy your stay

Use anti-freeze, cheap and easy to find. Also like you said go to the pet store and get the anti boilogical stuff or you could use rubbing alcohol.

creepy said:
I like zerex protector and a cap full of alcohol.

Zerex is also known as Valvoline right? That's what I've heard(read).

BTW the block has "copper (gold plated) base". Gold does not corrode ... right?

I'm running the sys just on destiled water (my car is stuck and is freking cold out there to fix the braking system) and I didn't get any Valvoline Racing Super Coolant.

How many days can the system run without trouble ? (corrosion)

P.S. The heatercore is all bras&copper

best yet

[SIZE=3]:burn: find a bottle of isopropyl rubbing alcohol with the highest % of alcohol, mix with 1-2 table spoons of glycol (antifreeze), do not use any other liquids with this mixture, because alcohol evaporates faster than water you have to watch your levels requires more refilling but the benefits are extreme cooling and faster system as aposed to just water and antifreeze hope this helps you :burn:[/SIZE]

http://www.bdpc-customs.com

Last edited:
Back