• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone considered this idea that [H]'s been using?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mtb856

I saw this thread when I was perusing their folding area (yes, I do have an account with [H] :rolleyes: ) and thought that this idea has merit..... if we put up say a nice graph showing what Ghz goal we would like to reach, that might be something that could draw people in.

Team 32 want's 1 Terahertz from you!!! Gather forth and bring such powahful PPD that [H] shall cry and run home to mommy :D

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=838985&page=1&pp=20

no it is good to scope out the competition. plus [h] is a pretty good hardware site. of course their folding team is pathetic... so that's why we are on 32 ;)

veryhumid said:
no it is good to scope out the competition. plus [h] is a pretty good hardware site. of course their folding team is pathetic... so that's why we are on 32 ;)
We? You know pplz on [H]? show them the light and have em fold for us!

enduro said:
You've been here for a while, most of us have barely been here a year.

yeah suppose it may have been a while ago.

/me remenicses (sp) about FaH1 and villins....

Its been done before, and gets pretty sloppy in a thread.

Now if someone created a website, and linked it here, and allowed us to enter a user name and the speed of our machines, that would keep it a lot nicer.

Also, we should count up, not down. What happens when you get to zero? We give up? NO! Keep going.

{PMS}fishy said:
Its been done before, and gets pretty sloppy in a thread.

Now if someone created a website, and linked it here, and allowed us to enter a user name and the speed of our machines, that would keep it a lot nicer.

Also, we should count up, not down. What happens when you get to zero? We give up? NO! Keep going.

I like the website idea - perhaps code it into the team site. I think Cjwinnit is good with PHP ....

David said:
I like the website idea - perhaps code it into the team site. I think Cjwinnit is good with PHP ....

I have a reputation already? :D

I'll have a look into it, shouldn't be a prob.

I still got the stats coding but it's very condensed and if you aren't familiar with arrays I wouldn't bother ;)

If anyone wants it please ask, I'd love for someone to build on it..

One thing that [H] did that I really liked is having the members participate.... they started the thread with 1000Ghz, and each member that started folding would subtract his power from the remaining Ghz. I think that's a great way to keep the interest flowing, having the members be active in that goal. If we're able to build on this, maybe we can ask the mods to make it a sticky like [H] does........... I think around 1000Ghz would be a good goal b/c they've been at it for about a year or so and they've still got a while to go.

Everyone post your ideas for this, I'd like to get this off the ground if possible. Maybe Cjwinnit could make a graph on the first post of the thread for easy tracking and then have the members subtract their power individually inside the thread.

Back