• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anothermbdusted

im wondering what fans have the least and most intense light from them? i mean light l.e.d., cold cathador(spelling) and what ever else kind is out ther?thank you

Well, if you are looking for the brightest fans, you should look at the lumens taht the lights produce. as a general rule of thumb, a Cold Cathode (I think) is the brightest, but using reflectors you can make a single LED brighter than a CCFL or a Cold Cathode, but you can do the same with a CCFL or a Cathode if using reflectors, (and by reflectors I mean like the lining that is in a flashlight around the buld, that is how the light can be so bright from an LED flashlight)

If the numbers are avaliable, then look at the number of lumens that the light produces, like a 65W light buld produces somewhere around 750 lumens, of course your fans will be much softer than that, but ask the place where you are getting them which is the brightest, if online, then try and email the sales department and ask for the light output of the fans you are looking for, then just go with the highest number.

Back