• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16mb cache on HDD's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despairl

Ok I own a computer shop, and have had a few customers order some as i don't keep these in stock....i was wondering what u guys think? I mean i sell on average about 10 HDD's in a week or more some times....would it be worth it to stock these? The reason i'm asking is because it's a kinda new and not to many have heard of it, but does everyone think it will be a quick wave or like a long lasting thing?

I wouldnt bother. Most of the 16MB cache hdds are both SATA and very high capacity. I doubt you would sell too many of them. Especially since most online venders dont even carry them.

If you are selling them in your store I would look at what your current sales are, how many 200 GB or higher capacity HD's do you sell, these are the only ones that have 16 mb of cache, and i think maxtor is the only one that has 16 mb anyway. Just remember that most normal users do not ever need more then 80 gb anyway for current needs. However I do, lol.

I don't know who your clients are, but I myself would look at newegg first. Most folks who want to use these drives are going to get them online anyway, No?

Back