• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU rating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gmony01

Applied vcore mod to the ECS K7VTA3 v6.0. Vcore set to 1.74. Is this too high? I did the Killeroy technique and connected pin 1 thru 3. Notice +5 in speedfan is 4.27v. +12v is 9.81. Will this be a problem? I'm guessing it will. With 1.58 vcore got up to 2.07 ghz, but got sumout errors in prime. Did the mod got it at 2.07 ghz(166*12.5), so far stable in prime for 7 hours. Temp with room temperature at 85f is 52c under load from prime95. When room is cooler drops to 49c. any suggestion anybody? I'm a budget OC'er, so can't go get watercooling and anutha board right now, if i could i would have, lol. Thinkin bout grabbing a different HSF soon. My psu is 350w.

Here a screenie:

rig.JPG

I wouldnt trust what speed fan says. Most likely your PSU is a problem and needs to be replaced either way.

As for your CPU volts 1.75 is fine so long as you use adaquate cooling. Hell anything up to about 2v is fine. Just make sure that your load temps stay under 60c* and you should be fine

Are the Codegen 350w psu crappy psu for this overclock? How much longer am i at risk u think? I'm pretty cool with my overclock but don't risk blowing anything in my system. Any suggestions on a psu that cost 15 to 30 dollars?

gmony01 said:
Are the Codegen 350w psu crappy psu for this overclock? How much longer am i at risk u think? I'm pretty cool with my overclock but don't risk blowing anything in my system. Any suggestions on a psu that cost 15 to 30 dollars?
Once again. What does your BIOS say. Go into them and pull up your system health and read them off.

Overall yes any PSU in $30 range will be crappy despite whatever overclock you will have. Most decent PSUs cost around $100

Back